ATLANTA, GA – The Connectional Lay Council will continue our efforts to unite in prayer as we prepare for the upcoming General Conference and the 12th Quadrennial Lay Convention in Atlanta. Let us stay connected through prayer! Prayer is for everyone, invite your family, neighbors, and friends to join us the second Tuesday each month @ 8pm EST via conference call (Note: WWA, EWA and CSA Prayer Call is July 13th @ 1pm). Prayer requests may be sent to Chaplain William Manning or one of the host Regional Directors.
• Tuesday, April 13th @ 8:00pm EST Host Districts are Piedmont, Eastern North Carolina, and Midwest Episcopal Districts.
• Tuesday, May 11th @ 8:00pm EST – Host Districts are North Eastern, South Atlantic, and Mid- Atlantic Episcopal Districts.
• Tuesday, June 8th @ 8:00pm EST – Host Districts are Alabama-Florida, Southwestern Delta, and Western Episcopal Districts.
• Tuesday, July 13th @ 1:00pm EST – Host districts are Western West Africa, Eastern West Africa and Central Southern Africa Episcopal Districts.
The 12th Quadrennial Lay Convention will be held in Atlanta GA, August 1st-4th immediately following the General Conference of the AME Zion Church. The Theme for the convention is “Empowered by the Spirit with Strength to Serve.” As you plan to attend, the Hyatt Regency is preparing to make sure our stay in Atlanta is safe for everyone planning to attend and will therefore make sure COVID 19 protocols will be in place. Please be mindful that ALL attendees will be required to have a copy of your vaccine record and temperatures will be taken daily.
Registration forms can be found on the CLC website under the Resource tab. Registration is $195.00 until June 30, 2021. Late registration is from July 1st-15th at $235.00 per person. There will NOT be any ON-SITE Registration. All persons with computer access are asked to register online at https://amezionconventions.org. Additionally, you will be able to reserve your Hyatt Regency hotel reservations on this site.
Important Dates to Remember
Everyone is asked to adhere to the following deadline dates for the Lay Convention:
• May 3, 2021 is the deadline to submit legislation. Mail or email your CLC Bylaws revision or resolutions to the Bylaw/Legislation Committee chair, Dr. Sheila Quintana at 653 Britannia Drive Vallejo, CA 94591 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
• May 3, 2021 is the deadline for all persons to submit your application package that are interested in seeking an office in the Connectional Lay Council. Please contact Malcolm Russell (email: email@example.com) or 817.312.5835.
• June 1, 2021 is the deadline to submit names and photographs of members that have transitioned during this quadrennium – August 2017-June 1, 2021. We are soliciting support from Local Lay Council Presidents, District and Conference Presidents and “We Care” Chairpersons. You are asked to submit this information to the Necrology Chair, Rynette Nixon – firstname.lastname@example.org and copy the International President and the First Vice President.
• June 1, 2021- is the deadline to send in donations to the Bishop George J. Leake, III Endowed Scholarship/Crystal Awards.Contributions are acceptable in any amount. However, the Crystal Awards will be presented to individuals or organizations/departments for donations in increments of $500.00, $1,000.00, $2,500.00. Please forward your contribution and form to the CLC Office, PO Box 26770 Charlotte, NC 28221-6770, Attn: Bishop Leake Endowed Scholarship Fund.
• June 1, 2021 is the deadline to submit ads for the Quadrennial Lay Convention Digital Souvenir Journal. All ads must be camera ready and accompanied with the souvenir journal ad contract. Electronic ad submissions may be sent to Shelley Henry at email@example.com. Ad forms with payment may also be mailed to the CLC Office, PO Box 26770 Charlotte, NC 28221-6770, ATTN: Souvenir Journal Ad.
For any additional information, you may contact: Dr. Mary J. Matthews, CLCpresident10@aol.com; Lele Davis, CLC.FVP@gmail.com; or your Regional Director.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here